February 10, 2010

Spring Indoors

Looks like we're headed for six more weeks of Winter, at least according to the reliable prediction of Punxsutawney Phil.  So, to chase cabin fever away I created a little DIY project that has me and my home feeling a little closer to Spring.  This project takes a tiny sprig of silk flowers and turns it into a large and impressive arrangement that would look great on a guest book table or maybe even the backbone of your center pieces or ceremony arrangements.  These budding spring branches will last forever and you won't be waiting for weeks as in forcing live branches.  This project took me just under an hour to create.






















Supplies:



  • Branches (gathered from my yard)
  • Sprig of Silk flowers (this sprig was under $3 at my nearest craft store)
  • Hot Glue Gun
  • Vase





    1. Gently remove silk flowers from stems
    2. Dab inside base of flower with hot glue
    3. Working quickly, twist flower gently around branch spacing flowers randomly along branch for a pleasing effect
    4. Arrange in a favorite vase, relax & admire your work!











    No comments:

    Post a Comment